Some of the songs in greater-than-occasional rotation in my earbuds & speakers these days:
- Ray Charles: Shake Your Tailfeather: The best opening two seconds anywhere, with a Fender Rhodes riff that always, always gets my toes tapping (and occasionally gets my butt off its chair).
- Broken Social Scene: Bandwitch. (Been listening to this a lot, after catching a video to which this was the hypnotic soundtrack. Planning to post that soon - likely tomorrow.)
- Beirut: Elephant Gun. A track sent out a while back from KEXP's song o' the day podcast. Great tune.
- Portishead: Glory Box. Still moody, and oddly not as dated as I thought I would be.
- Bob Dylan: Spirit on the Water. From Modern Times, one of my current favourites for work music. Love this album.
Filed under a newish queue I'm calling Saturday playlists. (Know a tune I oughtta hear? Feel free to let me know at johngushue at gmail dot com.)